My family and I really LOVE protein. I am going to share the type of dish that makes our dine tasteful. This dish is original Pahang’s. It will add love to your family and my family. Yeah!
First, we are going to need…
- 4-6 chillies
- Little turmeric powder
- 2 mackerels
- Turmeric leaves
- Aluminium foil
The main ingredient here is tempoyak. Tempoyak is a fermented durian. Where can you find durian? Of course from Malaysia Boleh lah hah. 🙂 To be specific, come to my home town at Raub! Raub is famous place for durian.
Let’s get started.
- Mash the chilies by using pestle and mortar.
- Add little turmeric powder to avoid smashing chillies jump into your eyes.
- Add 2 spoons of tempoyak into it and a pinch of salt and mix altogether with spoon.
- Prepare two turmeric leaves and lay your fishes onto them each.
- Place the spicy tempoyak onto the fishes with spoon.
- Wrap your fishes with the leaves.
- Wrap them altogether with aluminium foil.
- Prepare double side grill pan on stove and place the wrapped stuff.
- Add 2 glasses of mineral water or quantity that not reaching the fishes.
- Close the pan.
- Boil them for 10 minutes with medium fire.
- Add water if all dried up to avoid the aluminium foil from burning.
After that, serve your awesome hot protein on table and enjoy!
[Insert picture from my kitchen here.]
Comment below if you had good or bad experience with recipe above. You can share your personal modification that makes the taste feels tastier for you. It might be tasty for others. Good luck!